ByLightOfMoon Nature Handmade & Supplies Etsy Shop

ByLightOfMoon Nature Handmade & Supplies Etsy Shop
Spirit of the Forest

frstyfrolk Etsy Vintage Shop

Monday, October 7, 2013

Friday Flea Market coming up soon!


I have added the Etsy Cottage Style "Friday Flea Market" to my sidebar to start participating in this wonderful selling venue every Friday!  I will make things in my shops on sale for Fridays and through the Weekends. 

I have two Etsy shops and occasionally sell on Ebay along with Bonanza for my newer than vintage items I own and need to let go of to go to someone else.  I even have a StoreEnvy shop too for all kinds of things. I have never figured out the shipping so all of my shipping is included in my prices on StoreEnvy, link on my Facebook page . 

Selling on so many venues in sometimes tough but I need to reach as many people as possible to help myself clean out my loved belongings I need to let go of now. Out little cabin is swamped and  I now see, It is OK to let go! 

I can't continued just looking at things I love but need to make memories of them. 

I live in a gated subdivision and cannot just have a garage sale now and then so I am selling on-line as much as possible.  I know shipping is  a pain and I try 
AS you have heard me say before my attic is full plus two warehouse sand I want to make my attic into a craft room. It is full of crafting supplies I used to collect when I lived in the city and had access to many craft shops using coupons and also lots of thrift shops I frequented a lot for my consignment booths I had in a few locations. What had not sold I packed up and brought up here. We also have flea markets but putting items in my small SUV and taking them in one trip to sell is just cost prohibitive. It just doesn't hold enough to make the trips with gas and tent rental worth it.  Also we have a very limited market here that consists of many vacationers who go home in the winter. Many summer cabins here are owned by folks who live all over the Southeast, We are a destination area. They either decorate their cabins or buy wearable's, but don't want to take things back to their main homes. 

Many of my Vintage, New, Shabby Chic, Farmhouse, even Handmade items just don't fit into a mountain Cabin  or Lake Life Home Decor.

SO, I take on a new challenge and will be ready every weekend for" FRIDAY MARKET"  that  Etsy sponsors. 


Also, while on this site you can browse many other sellers who take advantage of selling on this site on Fridays! The link up party has many choices to browse through and maybe find just that handmade or brocante item you are looking for.  

I have about finished working in my gardens which has been taking so much of my time this year, how many plants can you have in the Land of the Noonday Sun! I just trimmed my purple hydrangea that was over taking our bridge to our home and I brought it here as a rooting branch from the city.




 The underneath area showed me things I had no seen in two years almost. It amazes me how things persevere in the gardens. I have found ferns, horsetail, and undergrowth that is just amazing. On the other hand many things I planted never came up or I knew not what they were.

I also have another hydranga that I got at the GA Mountain Fair that is multi-color bolooms and is just amazing.  I have not trimmed it back yet. 




Isn't it just beautiful!  The butterflies have loved it along with the hummingbirds. 

 I have planted so many roadside native plants that I am not sure what they are when coming up until they bloom so I was hesitate to pick them out.  I did find the plant I call "RiverCane because I found it by the river when we pet sat here and took home to the city some cuttings in a small handmade vase I got at the "John C. Campbell Folk School"  I just love the tiny pink ball like buds on them, like pink lavender BUT, they do Spread and Take over as I was told. I thought I could control it but NOT! IT was everywhere I thankfully it is easy to pull up. It branches on vines and one pull and you get huge handfuls of it.  It is not really Rivercane but I still like that name.

Here is a photo in bloom:
  





I have cut and dried much of it, well, a tiny bit compared to what was available.

But, enough is enough! 

On too other flowers next year, I hope; IF I have eradicated it which I kind of doubt. 

I still need to dig up my two dahlias in a pot and I think I will just leave my elephant ears in the ground this year. 

Some lavender I am leaving in the ground and some I am going to try to keep growing inside in my attic. Some of it is still just trying to come up so I am going to baby it. 
I have many succulents to bring inside too

But, enough is enough! 


On too other flowers next year, I hope; IF I have eradicated it which I kind of doubt. 
I still need to dig up my two dahlias in a pot and I think I will just leave my elephant ears in the ground this year. 

Some lavender I am leaving in the ground and some I am going to try to keep growing inside in my attic. Some of it is still just trying to come up so I am going to baby it. 
I have many succulents to bring inside too. I have cut and dried much of it, well, a tiny bit compared to what was available.

I am working on my photos and new listings,, so please Keep In Touch!

Smiles, Cyndi 





1 comment:

papel1 said...

Good luck with your Friday Flea Market on Etsy. I will have to check it out. Your photographs of your plants, flowers are lovely.
Judy