ByLightOfMoon Nature Handmade & Supplies Etsy Shop

ByLightOfMoon Nature Handmade & Supplies Etsy Shop
Spirit of the Forest

frstyfrolk Etsy Vintage Shop

Monday, December 13, 2010

Coming around again!

 Hi, 
I wanted to share that I received an email from Lisa Oceandreamer about the 2011 One World, One Heart event for the 5TH year! This blog happening has been so much fun over the last four years and it has so many participants that this 2011 year for this event will be the last.  It has grown incredibly as a worldwide event and I can't say I don't blame her. Last year there were over 1,000 participants. Wow! that is a lot for work to handle all the contacts that participate in this event.

You can also be a part of the 2011 event by  posting to Lisa at OWOH  here that you want to be a part of this last event.  All you have to do is have an active blog and be willing to make or share a gift as a door prize with someone who becomes your OWOH friend.

It is not hard at all, you just post about this wonderful event on your blog and be willing to fulfill the agreement to send a gift when the time is ready. The event will actually start on January 30, 2011 and run through February  17th, 2010.


Here is what Lisa says about this event:
 It gives all those who blog a chance to meet and mingle and form connections with those they may not have otherwise met from all over the world. In the past 4 years this event has grown to over 1,000 participants with lasting friendships (and even one love connection) formed along the way.  Think of it as a GIGANTIC open house allowing you to travel without ever leaving your home........going from blog to blog(in various countries) seeing the wonder each one has created and meeting all the fabulous people behind those blogs. As a bonus each blogger participant will offer up a "door prize or prizes"....just for dropping by, saying hello and seeing their world.  It's really that easy.

A Worldwide Open House, that is a fabulous thought!  I know I have very much enjoyed browsing with the blog participant's link's over the years and you meet so many fascinating people who also blog about their lives and happenings.

Many folks share their creativity in making a project for a friend and that is the most fun I think. To receive a gift from another blogger who just likes to share a little of their thoughts and ideas with another is the fun of sharing with each other.

I will be working on a gift for my door prize to be sent to my blogger friend when Lisa assigns names and blogs for each of us to send too.  It is that easy! You post about the event on your blog and then follow other OWOH bloggers as they also share with each other what this event is about to them. One the Big Day, February 17, 2011, Lisa will give name exchanges for us to send our mailing information too.

I do not blog daily or even weekly as I should as our family has had many changes this year and I have been trying to keep up with just keeping up! That said, I will be more diligent about blogging as I should do when I started several years ago.
That said I will introduce myself to you.

I am married to my high school sweetheart and he retired this year due to a medical disability so we should start having time to do the things we have always wanted. Trouble is, we had not prepared for this early retirement and things are not as we thought they would be. Are things ever what we expect?  think NOT! We have had many ups and downs and now I am hoping for some smooth sailing for awhile.  I would in my dreams love to have a cottage by the sea or in the mountains. Maybe a log cottage will be in the works. I hope so!  What I am doing now is trying to clear my home and garage of all the items I have collected over the years to re-sell thinking I could make some extra money for my medical bills . All I am doing is going in circles so I am winding that down now also.  I have listing some items on Ebay and Etsy and will continue with that. I will also spend more time on our new life straightening out what is happening to us and I hope just going with the flow from now on. I am always dreaming of what I should be doing tomorrow and now I will start doing what is today! yes, Today is the important time I should focus on!  I have tons of books to read that my mother who is a fast reader has passed down to me and so I never have a need to read the best sellers at the moment.  I also collect-ed (past tense) many "How-To" books on crafting so I aim to get started not just collecting , but doing!

For today, we are bundled up at home keeping warm by the fire and enjoying our Christmas Tree and family. I will catch you up as I go as I learn it. 


Oh, I almost forgot, I put a new templete on my blog today. I hope you like it. I love the bird and scroll work. But, I am NOT a good typist or blog creator. I have relied on the Graphic Fairy for my background and new header. I am not sure how to make my name be centered as I don't know photo shop or editing all this html code, so I appreciate her sharing these free templates with us.

Smiles, Cyndi




   

No comments: