ByLightOfMoon Nature Handmade & Supplies Etsy Shop

ByLightOfMoon Nature Handmade & Supplies Etsy Shop
Spirit of the Forest

frstyfrolk Etsy Vintage Shop

Thursday, November 18, 2010

I could not wait!

 I simply could not wait for this book to come to the second hand bookstore. This is my treat to myself! I adore Barbra and her style so much I can't wait to sit down and just pour over this book.

I heard her basement is a style of shops from her clothes collections and from her movies as most movies have her own clothing worn in them. I fell in love with her madly when I saw " A Star is Born" with Kris Kristofferson!  



I have got the DVD for this movie and the Soundtrack and I can always know it will cheer me up to listen or watch it.  The music is just fabulous and watching this movie is so incredible. I can just forget the rest of the world and be swept away to this concert movie with their lives entwined.

I saw in at the movies in the 1970's when it came out and I cut my long hair to have a permanent with Barbra curls. I had my long hair for probably about 10 years only cutting it when I went to beauty school when I was pregnant with my daughter. I wore the curls for maybe 12 years before I started letting it grow long again.

I am not a good hair stylist and I just blew it dry or wore pig tails when we were jeeping or sailing in the wind.
I also have very fine hair and it does not style well.





I just wore my hair this way for years and years. Now I have it short again so it is easy to dry.

Anyway back to Barbra, her style is thrilling, I can't imagine how beautiful her home must be, well three homes according to her on Oprah this week. She just glowed when speaking of them!

I can't wait to see her basemen of shops and her decorating style. Her music recording room look over the ocean and looked like a cozy cottage. Oh, to have a room over the ocean would never get old.  I would surely walk the beach every day as I did when we lived on the Washington Olympic Peninsula. The beach was right out our RV front windows so we just were in bliss living there even though it was a very hard time of our lives. I keep going back there in my memories.  Really, it was the BEST time of our lives!
Sea Glass, Sea Shells, Silver Dollars shells with the five birds inside was glorious!



I will share more when I get the book! She also said the book has proceeds for the Heart Research on women as we have very different hearts than men.  Of course, another reason to splurge on it!
Smiles, Cyndi

1 comment:

Little Things By Anna... said...

Hey Cyndi, It was such a pleasure to meet you in Joanne's yesterday. Your blog is so nice! I featured this book on my blog a couple of weeks ago. I love every page of it! Her basement with all the shops is a dream.