ByLightOfMoon Nature Handmade & Supplies Etsy Shop

ByLightOfMoon Nature Handmade & Supplies Etsy Shop
Spirit of the Forest

frstyfrolk Etsy Vintage Shop

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

So Blessed!

Up-coming Valentine's Day Holiday!



I made a Valentine Vignette with some things I found around my over-flowing stashes'! I love to create tiny tabletop displays now as I have no room like I used to when my daughter was small, Oh, I used to decorate the whole house  especially using her Valentine Day cards from her grandparents as hanging mobiles and two of the items I found were just like them.  These are now in my frstyfrolk Etsy shop!






I even used an old Vintage Rusty Crusty Bed Spring Coil for a vase;


I had added some silk flowers for the vignette that I don't use anymore as I like things fresh from the forest now more and more. I have a large stash of silks that I used to get  from my shopping sprees in Alabama. I have them in my attic displays and craft stash and will one day use some of them but never all of them. I have so many here and there in hanging baskets, galvanized vases and tubs, jars, bins, and in my warehouse. I also took a large wood holder for my consignment shop to hold them.. It looks kind of empty, I need to add more! But, I am going to take out the wood holder which I had full in my attic and bring in a new shelf with slates to hold some linens.  I will replace it with a galvanized vase.








I also got a square cubicle space for Books and Magazines, etc right next to my space!
I have lots of materials to fill it up with and during these winter months, a good time to sit down and read a good book or browse vintage and newer magazines!

Matter of fact, it is starting to snow here and sticking!


I have been working as "frstyfrolk" trying to get more items listed in my Vintage Etsy shop and having so many wonderful conversations with new made friends!

I am putting my fabrics, ribbons, and sewing notions in here and at my Consignment shop at Victoria's in  Blairesville, GA. It is about 20 miles from my house.

I am also making new terrariums for Valentine's Day, using the new pink sand I found!


Of course, I am still in the garden sprucing it up, this time the left vertical wall! I have been fighting it for 3 years now so I decided to ad what naturally grows there around my neighborhood and surrounding areas, juts not on MY wall! I am adding lots of sheet moss and cushion moss, along with the Reindeer Moss to help hold it all in place.
I was playing around with my reindeer moss and tried dying it as I have seen.
It turned out pretty good but, very time consuming.



I adore my new purple sled I got to use when collecting moss, it makes it so much easier.




Moss on old walls



Isn't it beautiful, I also am adding this moss which grows across the street from me, it grows high and has little broom like tassels on it. 


Here is the wall I am working on







I am trying to cover the rooted vines that are rambling around on my wall. The wall is shaded by the house and gets no direct sunshine.

One the other side, I am adding some rose branches to an existing rose area that never blooms, I just moved some leaves and presto, British Soldier Lichen, Moss and Strawberries are found.

 I also love the skeleton leaves found under dried leaves! Then, I added some cut up bananas to the planting area... They are good for them.


Another thing, I have been obsessed with this magazine I got about container gardening and the Pussy Willows got my attention right away.  So, I went and cut some branches to try to force and now I  cannot find any bulbs in the stores yet. I want the purple Hyacinths.






I wish I know of a friend with a garden needing to divide but not happens! So, I will keep looking!

I also found my best find ever at the Recycle Trash Site a couple of weeks ago. Get this!



At first, I saw the baskets and I ask if I could have them, he said certainly and then when he left I found the tables they must have  gone with just left on the side of the trash area. Why not re-cycled to a charity thrift ?, I don't know but I am much appreciative, (Grins)


Than ks for reading, My husband just told me I have been on Etsy (7) Seven years now, he is reading a n email. I better go have a giveaway!
Let me think!

Smiles, Cyndi

No comments: