ByLightOfMoon Nature Handmade & Supplies Etsy Shop

ByLightOfMoon Nature Handmade & Supplies Etsy Shop
Spirit of the Forest

frstyfrolk Etsy Vintage Shop

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Help Identify What is this?



Can someone help me identify what tree this is from and can I tint fabric with the pods. They were all over the street yesterday AM from the wind and when I returned after collecting some they were all over the street again. I found the tree next to a dogwood they were on, and have a photo of the leaf next to the bowl full of green round balls on a stem that have fallen from the tree. They crush very easily and turn to powder.

I wanted to see if I can use the color for dye to use somehow. I appreciate any help with this. I have become and earth angel when walking around the river and I have been collecting so many things I find on the ground. I also have been picking up trash and broken glass I find. Well, I just do that anyway! Grins!
smiles, cyndi

3 comments:

jeanne, herself said...

wish i could help, but i know nothing about dyeing fabric. there are some good videos on you tube, though, about dyeing fabric with all sorts of things. maybe something there would be of help?

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I haven't identified this yet, but please be careful. You never know which of these substances would be poisonous.

I'll keep looking and ask my son who is a forester.

Smiles,
Lea

ByLightOfMoon said...

Thanks Jeanne and Lea for trying to help. I was talking to a man down the street and trying to describe them to him and ya know what he said? He thinks it is POLLEN! Oh my gosh!

I have them so will try anyway, just to see....????

many thanks, cyndi